Abby is a Human Resources professional with the ability to optimise the business by effectively resourcing, managing, developing and deploying people. Abby has over 10 years’ experience in implementing and managing HR business functions including:
- Remuneration and Benefits;
- Learning and Development;
- Performance Management;
- Employee Relations; and
- Strategic Planning.
Read articles by Abby
This experience has been gained across a range of industries including consulting, oil and gas, engineering, building and civil construction.
Abby’s most recent experience was as HR Manager at national company Abigroup, part of the Lend Lease group. As part of the management team, Abby assisted with the start-up of the WA office and held this position for over three years. Prior to this, Abby was an HR Generalist in Abigroup’s NSW office and provided advice and support to building and civil construction projects.
In addition to Abby’s extensive HR generalist experience in a variety of industries, Abby also possesses strong recruitment skills. This is as a result of working for a recruitment consultancy, as part of an in house recruitment function, for a banking organisation.
Abby has experience in a broad spectrum of HR functions including:
- End to end recruitment;
- Induction training and facilitation;
- Performance management and counselling;
- Development and review of organisational policies and procedures;
- Learning and development programs, including graduate and leadership;
- Remuneration reviews and reward and recognition programs;
- Facilitation and dispute resolution;
- Succession planning; and
Recently Abby has been based at one of our client’s premises on a 12 month assignment to lead them in the development and implementation of HR and IR infrastructure and systems, as well as to support management in the effective recruitment, management and retention of their people. Specifically this has involved:
- Implementing recruitment and selection systems and training managers in sound recruitment practices;
- Developing and implementing employment contracts to meet various legislative requirements;
- Creating job descriptions for all roles which incorporate relevant key performance indicators;
- Developing and/or updating policies and procedures to meet best practice; and
- Coaching and mentoring managers in effective staff management and counselling.
B. Bus (Human Resource Management), ECU (2002)