After completing a double degree in Science and Commerce at Curtin University, Alex completed vacation work at Scotch College where she worked as an Human Resources Administrator and was responsible for the day to day function of HR.
Read articles by Alex
- Help! My employee wants a raise.
- Want to lower costs and improve productivity by 30%?
- Is gamification the solution to the millennial challenge?
Alex began working at WCA after the completion of her vacation work and has since gained extensive experience in:
- Liaison with clients and Fair Work Australia to provide advice and information relating to the Fair Work Act, Modern Awards and National Employment Standard entitlements.
- Development of employment contracts and templates to meet applicable Modern Award and National Employment Standard conditions and entitlements.
- Conducting recruitment and selection for a wide range of roles including: drafting job advertisements; screening applicants; conducting telephone and in-person interviews; and reference checks for roles within the Accounting, Agriculture, Education, Financial Planning, Manufacturing, Mining and Oil and Gas Industries.
- Development of policies and procedures in accordance with the Fair Work Act including (but not limited to):
- Grievances and
- Parental Leave
- Preparation of client Job Descriptions to incorporate objectives and measures (KPIs) for the role in order to meet client organisational requirements.
- Assistance in the preparation and facilitation of customised client Training and Development workshops in areas including: Presentation Skills; Performance Management and Communication Techniques.
- Preparation and participation in client staff termination and redundancies including: provision of advice, information and documentation in line with the Fair Work Act, Modern Awards and National Employment Standards and attendance in the relevant meetings to support both management and staff in the termination/ redundancy process.
“I’ve been working with WCA Consulting’s Alex Hu for over two years now and I have always found her to be a fantastic advisory board for the issues that arise in the course of my role as Operations Manager. I am always impressed by her professionalism and the quality of the advice she provides. She also undertakes recruitment activities and policy reviews for me and her work is exceptional and returned within the agreed timeframe. I have no hesitation in recommending Alex and continue to use her as my external Human Resource support.” Charmaine Lamprecht – Operations Manager, Capital Partners
Alex currently supports one of our Oil & Gas clients on a retained basis and works at their offices two days per week.
- B.Sc (Psychology), Curtin University (2014)
- B. Comm (Human Resource Management & Industrial Relations), Curtin University (2014)