- Recruitment and Selection
- Policies and Procedures
- Comprehensive HR/IR Audits
Jessica began working at WCA whilst completing her Bachelor of Commerce at Curtin University, majoring in Human Resources and Management. Prior to this she worked as a manager in the hospitality sector and during this time she was responsible for a number of HR functions including; recruitment and selection, training and development and performance management.
Jessica currently supports two of our Electronics Manufacturing clients on a retained basis and works at each of their offices one day a week. For one client with a rapidly growing workforce, she supports their Recruitment and Selection function, while at the other client Jessica is the appointed HR Officer covering a wide range of activities including recruitment and selection, performance management, remuneration reviews, developing job descriptions, employment contracts, policy and procedures and culture surveys as well as providing general HR/IR advice to all employees under the direction of Senior Consultants and Principle, Heather Warner.
Since working at WCA she has also gained extensive experience in:
- Conducting comprehensive organisational HR Audits, including auditing documentation and conducting employee and management interviews.
- Liaising with clients and Fair Work Australia to provide advice and information in relation to the Fair Work Act, Modern Awards, and National Employment Standard entitlements.
- Development of policies and procedures in accordance with the Fair Work Act including (but not limited to): Codes of Conduct; Anti-Discrimination; Anti-Bullying; Privacy and Confidentiality; and Termination.
- Assistance in the preparation of customised client training and development workshops in areas including: Presentation Skills; Performance Management and Communication Techniques.
- Preparation of client job descriptions to incorporate objectives and measures (KPIs) for the role in order to meet client organisational requirements.
- Remuneration benchmarking for specific roles and for broader industry comparisons.