Melanie has over 15 years’ experience in the field of Human Resource management gained across a broad spectrum of industries including mining services, retail and convenience foods.
Read articles by Melanie
- How is community service good for business?
- Babies and business are not mutually exclusive
- Help! My employee is broken – what do I do?
Most recently Melanie held the position of Group HR Manager with AllightSykes and was responsible for the HR function for a group of companies employing up to 500 people in Australia and internationally. Her experience in international HR management spans North America, UAE, Indonesia, South Africa and New Zealand and has provided Melanie with a strong working knowledge of ex-pat management.
In addition to a strong HR generalist background, Melanie has gained considerable commercial experience through her membership in executive leadership teams and is able to apply this knowledge to the strategic role that is the HR function within organisations.
Melanie’s specific areas of expertise include: strategic HR management; international HR management; policy and procedure development and implementation; recruitment and selection; induction; employee development; performance management; HSE; workers compensation and injury management; payroll management; and remuneration and benefits benchmarking, strategies and structures.
- B. Bus (Travel Management, minor in Marketing), ECU (1995)
- Graduate Diploma (Employee Relations), Curtin (2006)
- Targeted Selection Interview Techniques, Development Dimensions International (2006)
- DISC Advanced Accredited Consultant & Facilitator (2014)