While completing his Bachelor of Human Resource Management at Notre Dame University, Toby worked as the Assistant Marketing and Communications Officer for a local high school where he was involved in coordinating whole school media events with up to 1400 students and 180 staff, performance management, and general administration functions across a variety of disciplines.
- Comprehensive HR/IR Audits
- Policies and Procedures
- Recruitment and Selection
Toby currently supports one of our retained clients, providing human resource support three days per week. Providing this support on an in-house basis, Toby conducts recruitment and selection activities and training and development workshops in addition to developing a new onboarding/induction process and employee engagement initiatives under the directions of a Senior Consultant.
Read articles by Toby:
- Help – it’s performance review time!
- Fair Work changes to casuals
- Green tips to introduce CSR to your organisation
Since working at WCA he has also gained extensive experience in:
- Conducting comprehensive organisational HR Audits, including auditing documentation and conducting employee and management interviews.
- Development of policies and procedures in accordance with the Fair Work Act, including (but not limited to):
- Codes of Conduct
- Privacy and Confidentiality
- Modern Slavery
- Recruitment and selection for a range of roles which included: drafting job advertisements; screening applicants and preparing recommendations for client consideration.
- Preparation of client Job Descriptions to incorporate objectives and measures (KPIs) for the role in order to meet client organisational requirements.
- Compiling and analysing data from 360 leadership surveys, and preparing client reports.
- Remuneration benchmarking for specific roles and for broader industry comparisons.
- Liaising with clients and Fair Work Australia to provide advice and information in relation to the Fair Work Act, Modern Awards, and National Employment Standard entitlements.
- Assistance in the preparation and facilitation of customised client training and development workshops in areas including: Presentation Skills; Performance Management and Communication Techniques.
- Supporting consultants and senior consultants in a range of HR administrative functions.
Toby has also provided HR relief for a civil construction, earthmoving and mining contracting services organisation while the HR Manager took a period of leave.
- HRM, University of Notre Dame Australia (2017)