Case Study: Rapidly Growing Charitable Research Organisation
Established in 2013, this not for profit is a young and fast growing charitable, research organisation that conducts medical research into blood disorders.
To enable the achievement of their people and culture objectives an in-house HR Consultant was appointed, employed by WCA and operating from their premises initially on a fortnightly and moving to a weekly part time basis, supported by WCA’s Principal and staff as required.
WCA’s initial step was to conduct a comprehensive Desktop HR and IR Audit which involved a review of the organisations existing processes, policies and procedures.
Upon completion of the Audit, WCA presented the findings to their Chief Executive Officer and has started implementing the key recommendations, which include:
- Reviewing, developing and implementing employment contracts, ensuring compliance with all relevant legislation;
- Reviewing organisational structure and developing a more effective structure for projects;
- Developing and Implementing short-term and long-term workforce planning strategies;
- Developing and implementing targeted recruitment and selection programs aligned with workforce planning objectives;
- Conducting remuneration benchmarking including development of salary banding and mapping of existing roles; and
- Facilitating counselling and mediation for staff and managers.
WCA continues to work with them on a retained basis to deliver the above recommendations and additional initiatives.