Employers Guide to Workplace Health & Safety Systems
We are often asked by our clients what Workplace Health and Safety systems and processes they need to have in place.
Here are 10 steps employers can take to ensure they have compliant workplace health and safety systems and processes in place.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive health and safety management system that complies with relevant laws and regulations.
- Conduct regular risk assessments to identify and mitigate hazards in the workplace.
- Provide training and education to all employees on health and safety procedures and protocols.
- Establish emergency response plans and procedures to ensure the safety of employees in case of accidents or incidents.
- Regularly inspect and maintain equipment and machinery to ensure they are in safe working condition.
- Implement a system for reporting and investigating incidents and accidents, and use the information to make improvements.
- Ensure that all employees understand their roles and responsibilities with regards to health and safety.
- Provide adequate personal protective equipment (PPE) and ensure it is being used correctly.
- Communicate regularly with employees about health and safety issues, and encourage them to raise any concerns.
- Regularly review and update your health and safety policies and procedures to ensure they remain effective
If you have any questions or would like to speak to an a WHS expert consultant please call us on (08) 9383 3293.
Follow us on LinkedIn to keep up to date on the latest Workplace Health & Safety and Human Resources news.