Case Study: Leading Developer & Supplier of Advanced Surveillance Systems
WCA was initially engaged by an ASX listed market leader in the development and supply of mobile video surveillance and passenger information systems for the global mobile transport industry, to conduct a comprehensive Deep Dive HR and IR Audit.
This involved a review of the company’s existing processes, policies and procedures, a company-wide People and Culture Survey, as well as interviews with a number of key employees within the organisation.
Upon completion of the Audit, WCA presented the findings to the company’s Managing Director and outlined a program to enable the achievement of their People and Culture objectives through provision of an in-house HR Consultant.
The consultant was appointed and has been operating from their premises on a weekly, part time basis, supported by WCA’s Principal and senior staff to provide specialist HR and IR consulting services since this time.
Key audit recommendations and subsequent initiatives identified and implemented included:
- Reviewing organisational structure and developing a more effective structure for projects;
- Developing and Implementing short-term and long-term workforce planning strategies;
- Developing and implementing targeted recruitment and selection programs aligned with workforce planning objectives;
- Enhancing skills, capabilities and perception of leadership;
- Improving communication across business;
- Developing and Implementing a learning and development strategy;
- Developing a formalising a documented approach to remuneration reviews; and
- Embedding a performance appraisal system to provide feedback and facilitate development opportunities.