WCA is engaged by one of WA’s leading independent public accounting practices, to provide strategic and specialist HR and IR consulting services.
Following an initial and comprehensive People and Culture Audit WCA developed a People and Culture Plan and was subsequently engaged by the practice in 2013 to implement the recommendations.
To enable the achievement of their people and culture objectives an in-house Senior HR Consultant was appointed as the HR Team, employed by WCA and operating from their premises on a weekly, part time basis, supported by WCA’s Principal and staff as required.
During WCA’s partnership with the practice the following key deliverables have been achieved:
- Conducting a staff culture survey, resulting in the development and implementation of strategically aligned HR objectives;
- Award clarification and application;
- Updated staff contracts reflective of legislative requirements and ensuring effective confidentiality and restraint of trade clauses;
- Provision of a centralised, targeted and consistent recruitment and selection function;
- Creation of outcome/objective based job descriptions including KPIs for each role;
- Development and implementation of a performance appraisal system, including relevant training for managers and employees;
- Development of corporate values and integration into key recruitment and performance systems;
- Review, development, implementation and maintenance of HR policies and procedures;
- Remuneration benchmarking and development of salary banding for all roles;
- Counselling and mediation;
- Development and implementation of customised communication and leadership training;
- Executive coaching with the Director group; and
- Development and implementation of Graduate and Leadership Development Programs.
With a partnership split and a general decline in staff numbers WCA now supports the practice and their clients in an outsourced ad-hoc arrangement.