WCA was engaged by a rapidly growing tech company that designs and manufactures rugged computing products (Computers, Tablets, LCD Monitors) for vehicles operating in harsh environments.
Initially WCA was engaged to develop a more appropriate employment contract for the burgeoning business and since this time more broadly to provide strategic and specialist HR and IR consulting services.
To enable the achievement of the organisations People and Culture objectives, an in-house HR Consultant was appointed in 2017, employed by WCA and based at their premises on a weekly, part time basis, supported by WCA’s Principal and staff as required.
This arrangement has continued and WCA has continued to support them as their outsourced HR function, providing assistance in the following key areas with WCA staff members based at their offices 2 days per week:
- Drive and facilitation significant programs of recruitment and selection including development of adverts, CV screening, phone screens, interviews, pre-employment checks, and subsequent offers of employment and onboarding;
- Developing current and compliant employment contracts aligned with relevant Modern Awards for full-time, part-time and casual staff;
- Create consistent and outcome/ objective based job descriptions;
- Reviewed, developed and implemented HR policy, procedures and practices, in line with best practice;
- Conduct remuneration reviews to ensure compliance with minimum entitlements and provide a comparison to market data;
- Facilitate the termination process;
- Supported staff in counselling and mediation; and
- Support management with HR/IR information and advice.
WCA looks forward to continuing to work with them on a retained basis as their outsourced HR team.